Saturday, August 15, 2009

Hair Trial Run, Sewing Machines & Spray Tans

Today was my hair trial run and I'm really excited. My "do" came out great! My hairstylist, Debbie, tried a few different looks with my veil and tiara and after 3.5 hours the final product was awesome! Sure wish I could post pics but I want my look to remain a surprise :) You'll just have to show up on wedding day to see for yourself!!

After my hair appt. I dropped off my Mom's sewing machine at a repair place to see if they could get it up and running. Apparently 10 or so years ago my Mom took it apart and couldn't get it back together. I seem to have tons of pants that need to be hemmed. I have high hopes that I can do that task on my own without professional help. We'll see!! I'll know next week if Mom's Singer can be save or if I'll have to give up my dream of reliving home economics class. LOL

I also decided to try a spray tan today. So far so good but for the first day I can't get wet otherwise the "tan" will run. I'm sure glad that I decided to try this out before the week of the wedding. For anyone who has never tried it there are quite a few instructions you have to follow to the T otherwise you may end up looking like an oompaloopa or worse streaky & splotchy. All I could think of while I was in the booth was Ross on friends when he forgot to turn around. I have to be careful today so I don't rub off on anything....made the mistake of kneeling on my white carpet....and tomorrow I can take a shower. I'll be able to get a better idea of if I like this or not then. So far it seems to be quite a pain in the butt however I am noticeably darker without an orange glow & the damaging effects of the sun.

While I've been running around Cape Coral Jonathan & his brother, Justin, were in Orlando at the Richard Petty Driving Experience. They left last night around 9pm, stayed overnight & reported bright & early to the track for their 18 lap experience. Justin's birthday was last month and the driving experience was our gift to him. Of course Jonathan couldn't just sit there and watch Justin so he got one for himself too. Boys!! Jonathan arrived home around 6pm tonight with a plaque & stat sheet showing his top speed at 127 mph. There was also a HUGE grin plastered to his face!

Well, that's all for now. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods!

No comments:

Post a Comment