Tuesday, July 21, 2009

MS 150 Thank You!

Ok, so I totally don't know what I'm doing on this blog. All of the pics I just uploaded are backwards. So....the pics on top are the end of the weekend and ride. The begining of the post is at the bottom. LOL I've been without a laptop so long that I've forgotten basic social networking site skills. LOL Oh well! Enjoy :)
Authentic Columbian Dinner
Look at the size of that meat!

YUM - I ate it all too..except for the snake thing on the right (pork ring blah)


Halfway point!! Not gonna lie...I wanted to quit here.
Day 2 Start Line with my man
Day One - we caught the guys at a rest stop
Yeah I'm bad, I know it
Taking our time in the parking lot on day one. NO idea that everyone already left!
Posing for pics like we have all day LOL Meanwhile all of the food is gone and we haven't eaten.

Finally I'm taking the time to post the link to the MS150 video our friend Charlie Bucket made. He of course is the funny looking one that is mostly behind the camera. I have to also point out the talent that it takes to ride 20+ miles per hour on a bike while videotaping & snapping pics. We had a great time raising money for a great cause. This was year three for Charlie and Jonathan, and the first for the rest of the team which is now 6 strong. Together we raised close to $4000 to help fight multiple sclerosis. Saturday morning when we got to the start/finish, most of the 3000+ riders had already left! The boys took it upon themselves to chase down the lead riders and by mile 35 had them in their sights! Chrissy & I rode at our own pace and made several friends along the way. To our surprise we caught up with the boys at a rest stop and were only about 30 mins. behind them at lunch. We saw our friends Janine and Tom, Trek reps for the South East, at the end of day one and met up with the Herreras for some S-E-R-I-O-U-S Colombian food in Miami at the end of the ride on day two. Here are some scenes from the weekend. Since Charlie was the designated photo guy you will see a lot of the boys ride. I don't think I was in any condition to be filmed anyway.. LOL this was definitely the most difficult challenge that I've had to do. WITH GRATITUDE!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a_6A3v13-4

No comments:

Post a Comment