Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Wedding Planning 101 :)

My Mom, Linda, and sister, Laura, visited me mid March to help with everything and anything that has to do with planning a wedding. I was ready for them and had appointments scheduled almost everyday after work to ensure that before they left I had a florist, baker, DJ, reception menu, invitations and most importantly someone to marry me. I am happy to report that we were very busy and accomplished everything on my to do list except for sending in a deposit for the DJ. This is fine as I wrapped that up last night and will be putting the check in the mail as soon as the revised contract is emailed to me.

I feel like a huge weight has been lifted and now I can relax a bit. Laura has the day off today and is working on getting the hotel information together for me. Check back soon for room rates and travel information! I promise that I'll post it in the next couple of days!

The fun part of their visit was getting to try on my wedding dress again!! This was the first time that my Mom or sister got to see me in my wedding dress in person as they weren't in town when I found it. Unfortunately, the store I bought it from has a terrible employee and I didn't feel as I was treated as a bride should be treated. No princess feeling for me that day :(

My bridesmaids came to town and we all went shopping for their dresses. I told all the girls that they could pick their own dress as long as the colors were all the same. Yeah! That didn't last too long because after seeing 2 of the girls in identical dresses I fell in love with the way they looked matching. This was the first time that I invoked "Brides Rule"...hehe... I changed my mind and all of the girls will now be in matching dresses that look stunning on each one of them. No, they won't be able to wear the dress again in case anyone was wondering. The Alfred Angelo store in Fort Myers was AWESOME!! What really impressed me was the fact that they had dresses in all sizes, not just 6-8, so all of my girls (who are all different sizes) got to try on "the" dress. I even got pics of all of them in the dress!! It was the wrong color but you got to see how the style looked on each one and they looked gorgeous!

Thank you to all of my bestest girls for a wonderful day!! I love you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment