Tuesday, April 28, 2009

MS 150 Bike Ride May 2nd & 3rd



Only 5 days left until I take on my greatest physical challange up to this point in my life. I will be riding a bike a total of 150 miles over the course of 2 days. This is something I committed to do at first becasuse it was a challange for me. Then I received a phone call from my Dad with the news that he had very blurry vision in his left eye. So much so that he couldn't work for fear that he would hurt himself or someone else as he is a forklift operator. After a lot of tests and waiting my Dad was diagonosed with Multiple Sclerosis. Shortly after I got word that 2 of my cousins were also diagonosed with Multiple Sclerosis. MS is something that strikes without warning and can strip you of the freedoms most of us take for granted. For my Dad it was his vison. Thankfully, after receiving treatment, his vision returned 100%. For my cousin Howard it was his ability to stand and walk. Howard also regained his ability to walk and stand after receiving treatment. However, this is something that they will both live with for the rest of their lives, never knowing when the next "episode" will hit them or what part of their body it will affect. This is why it is so important to support the National MS Society in fighting back against MS. There have been so many medical advancements that it is only a matter of time before we find a cure. I'll do the hard part - riding 150 miles on a bike. Please support me in this by making a donation. My Donation Page

I've committed to raising $1000 and am almost there. Only $365 to go! Please help me! Any amount large or small will help when added to the fundraising efforts of everyone else. WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!

With Gratitude,

AmyXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment